The developer of Flashback intended for uses to feel like they are having an experience similar to that of a SCi-Fi film scene.Flashback ($0.99) is a beautifully designed sci-fi style calendar, with an unique retro look.
The app features blue ‘Matrix’ numbers streaming vertically in the foreground making the calendars interesting to browse.
The app’s interface is truly different and can be a bit confusing at first. Adding an all-day event requires dragging a finger from the top of the screen, and can sometimes accidentally trigger iOS 7′s notification center. Adding an event to your calendar requires turning a dial that sets the time of the event.
How to create a time specified event
How to create an all day event
- Complete and beautiful design
- Unique in it’s class (calendar apps)
- Fresh alternative to stock calendar app
- App website contains useful tutorial
- Price high for calendar app ($2.99)
- In-app tutorial should be accessible more than once
- Difficult interface to learn
- More system customization/settings needed
While it may be one of the more complicated apps in terms of interface. Flashback does offer the essentials of a decent calendar app for most users. Overall, for those who aren’t getting what they want out of the iOS 7 stock calendar app, or those interested in a more futuristic feel while planing and scheduling events, Flashback is an ideal alternative for those who are willing to shell out $3.
Flashback can be purchased in the App Store for $2.99.
Like the review? Share the love!